THE “ITS YOUR FUTURE” CONTEST: RULES AND REGULATIONS
The Council of Ontario Universities (the “Contest Sponsor”) is launching “It’s Your Future” Contest’ (the “Contest”) to encourage participation in and awareness regarding the survey: “Ontario’s Universities: Creating conversation for a better future” (the “Survey”).
- CONTEST PERIOD: The entry period for the Contest begins on September 23, 2016 at 12:00 AM Eastern Time and ends on June 30, 2017 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time (the “Contest Entry Period”). The Contest Entry Period is comprised of ten (10) prize periods, each running for the calendar month (each a “Monthly Prize Period”). To be eligible, your Contest Entry (as defined below) must be submitted during the Contest Entry Period.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to any individual who meets the following criteria (hereinafter referred to as “Entrant” or “you”):
- is a legal resident of Canada (except Quebec); and
- is of the age of majority in the province or territory of residence/
You are not eligible to enter the Contest or be selected as a Winner (as defined below) if you are:
- an employee of the Contest Sponsor or, if applicable, any of its respective advertising or promotion agencies, or any other company or individual engaged in the provision of goods or services, related to this Contest (the “Contest Entities”); or
- a member of the immediate family (parent, child, sibling, or spouse) or household (whether related or not), of any of the above individuals set out in (x) of this paragraph.
- HOW TO ENTER: No purchase necessary. The Entrant may enter the Contest at any time during the Contest Entry Period, by the completing the Survey and then visiting www.ontariosuniversities.ca/thank-you to complete the online entry form to receive one (1) entry in the Contest for the Monthly Prize Period in which in Survey and entry was completed. The Entrant may complete the online entry form once in each Monthly Entry Period.
- CONTEST ENTRY CONDITIONS: Limit of one (1) entry for each Monthly Entry Period for a total of ten entries over the duration of the Contest period.If it is discovered that you attempted to enter more times than permitted during the Contest Entry Period, then all your entries will be void. Use of any automated system to submit entries is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
- PRIZE: There are ten (10) prizes (each, a “Prize”) available to be won as follows:
- September Monthly Entry Prize: Back-to-school prize pack: 1 winner will receive (1) S’Well® water bottle (approximate retail value or “ARV”: $50), (1) $125 Herschel® gift card and (1) Phone charger (approximate retail value or “ARV”: $75)
- October Monthly Entry Prize: Dinner and a movie prize pack: 1 winner will receive (1) $100 Cineplex® gift card and (1) $150 restaurant gift card
- November Monthly Entry Prize: Getting ready for Christmas prize pack: 1 winner will receive (1) $250 VISA® gift card
- December Monthly Entry Prize: The Bookworm prize pack: 1 winner will receive (1) $250 Amazon® gift card
- January Monthly Entry Prize: Health and Wellness prize pack: 1 winner will receive (1) $100 WaySpa® gift card; (1) S’Well® water bottle (ARV: $50); (1) Gaiam yoga mat and Gaiam On-The-Go Mat Carrier (ARV: $100)
- February Monthly Entry Prize: Coffee prize pack: 1 winner will receive (1) $160 Starbucks® gift card, (1) $10 Tim Hortons® gift card and a travel mug, a coffee mug, chocolate covered coffee beans, two bags of roasted coffee and two boxes of tea (ARV: $80)
- March Monthly Entry Prize: Free groceries for a month: 1 winner will receive (1) $250 PC® gift card
- April Monthly Entry Prize: Tech prize pack: 1 winner will receive (1) $10 iTunes® gift card, (1) $150 Apple® gift card and (1) urBeats® headphones (ARV: $90)
- May Monthly Entry Prize: Road Trip prize pack: 1 winner will receive (1) $250 Esso® gift card
- June Monthly Entry Prize: Summer Style prize pack: 1 winner will receive (1) $250 Ray-Ban® gift card
Only one prize per person and per household will be awarded. Gift cards and gift certificates are subject to the terms and conditions of the issuer. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or substituted by winner. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value if a prize (including a cash award) described in these Contest Rules is unavailable or cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, for any reason. The ARV of the prize represents the Contest Sponsor’s good faith determination. That determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of the Prize turns out to be less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded in cash. The Contest Sponsor makes no representation or warranty concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any Prize awarded. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. The Contest Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize items.
Prizes will be delivered to winner(s) within ninety (90) days of being declared as a winner. If the Prize is comprised of tangible goods, the Prize will be shipped via standard post at no cost to confirmed winner(s) at the mailing address provided by winner(s) or via alternate reasonable means of delivery which may vary depending on the Prize.
- WINNER SELECTION PROCESS AND ODDS OF WINNING: On or about the first day following the end of each Monthly Entry Period, in Toronto, Ontario, one (1) entrant will be selected via random draw from all eligible entries received during the Monthly Entry Period as the potential winner. The Contest Sponsor, or its designated representative, will make a maximum of three (3) attempts to contact the selected Entrant by telephone or email using the information provided in the online entry within five (5) business days of the draw date. If the selected Entrant cannot be contacted within five (5) business days of the end of the draw date, or if there is a return of any notification as undeliverable, then that selected entrant will be disqualified and will forfeit all rights to the Prize and the Contest Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion, to select an alternate potential winner via random draw (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section will apply to such alternate selected Entrant).
The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Contest Entries received.
- DECLARATION OF WINNER: Before a selected Entrant is declared a winner (after declaration, referred to as a “Winner”), the selected Entrant must sign and return, within five (5) business days of notification, a declaration of compliance and release of liability prepared by the Contest Sponsor (the “Release”).
In the Release, the Eligible Winner is required to, among other things:
- correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other aid;
- confirm compliance with these Contest Rules;
- agree to release each of the Contest Entities, and their respective governors, officers, employees, directors, representatives, and agents (the “Contest Parties”) from any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses arising from any liability in connection with this Contest, the Winner’s participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the Prize;
- agree to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of Winner’s name, address (province and city), statements about the Contest and/or photographs, images or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Contest Sponsor in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet; and
- acknowledge acceptance of the Prize (if awarded).
The selected Entrant will be disqualified and forfeits all rights to the Prize if the selected Entrant:
- fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question;
- fails to return the properly executed Release within the specified time; or
- cannot be a declared a Winner in accordance with these Contest Rules for any reason;
then the applicable Entrant will be disqualified (and will forfeit all rights to be the Winner) and the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to select another Entrant via random draw (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such new selected Entrant).
- RIGHT TO SUSPEND/MODIFY/TERMINATE: If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, strike or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, and disqualify any individual or entity who is responsible for such action. If terminated, the Contest Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all eligible Contest Entries received up to time of such action using the procedures outlined herein.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by the Contest Parties resulting from the Entrant’s participation in or attempt to participate in the Contest or ability or inability to upload or download any information to the Contest Sponsor website in connection with the Contest. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Contest Parties for: any technical malfunction or other problems of any nature whatsoever, including, without limitation, those relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; the failure of any Contest Entry or other information to be received, captured or recorded for any reason whatsoever, including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website; or unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Contest, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, or worms. The Contest Parties are not responsible for any printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the uploading, the processing of Contest Entries, the announcement of the Prize or in any Contest-related materials. Use of the Contest Sponsor website is at user’s own risk. The Contest Parties are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user’s or any other person’s computer resulting from participation in the Contest. The Contest Parties are not liable in the event that any portion of the Contest is canceled due to weather, fire, strike, acts of war or terrorism, or any other condition beyond their control.
By accepting the Prize, Winner agrees that the Contest Parties will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by Winner against, any liability for injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Contest or from the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the Prize.
ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER OR VANDALIZE THE CONTEST SPONSOR WEBSITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND THE CONTEST SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILIGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
By accepting a Prize, Winner consents to the publication and use of the Winner’s name, address (city, province), voice, statements, photographs, images and/or likeness, in any form, manner or media whether now known or hereafter devised, including, without limitation, in print, radio, television and on the Internet for any purpose in connection with the Contest including, without limitation, for the purposes of advertising and trade, promoting the Contest Sponsor, and/or the Contest, without further notice or compensation.
- DISPUTE: In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an entry, the Contest Sponsor has the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to deem the entry to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email account used at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
- GENERAL: The Contest is governed in accordance with the domestic laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein.The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, and without prior notice, to adjust any of the dates and/or timeframes stipulated in these Contest Rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance with these Contest Rules or for any other reason.In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, the terms and conditions of these Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law.®Registered trademarks are owned by their respective owners.